Lets go to Germany!
Join us to enjoy Germany in Hamamatsu!
Every year we invite our community, partners and end-users to come and meet us! It's the ideal event to get together and share the curiousities and insights about Germany. From tourist to business this event will give you a first impression and more.
Did you know that Hamamatsu has authentic German bakeries?
The course will be conducted in a mix of lecture and interactive discussion formats. It includes a variety of activities, such as virtual tours, guest lectures, and practical exercises designed to help participants understand and experience German culture, lifestyle, and business practices.
By the end of this course, participants will have gained:
- An understanding of German greetings and key phrases
- A comprehensive overview of life and travel in Germany, including key cultural differences with Japan
- An introduction to German food and dining etiquette
- A basic understanding of business practices and professional culture in Germany.
All necessary materials will be provided during the course sessions. Any additional resources will be shared digitally.
Participants are expected to attend all sessions, participate actively in discussions, and complete any assigned tasks or exercises. The primary aim of this course is to create an engaging and supportive learning environment, and all participants are encouraged to contribute their unique perspectives and experiences.
Participants who joined will get access to the online course which will be available end of September.
Session 1: Kick-off - July 28
(18:30 - 20:00)
- Course Introduction
- Participant Self-Introductions
- Greetings in German
- Life in Germany: An overview from North to South
- Unique words in German
- Comparisons between Germany and Japan
- Introduction to Oktoberfest Traditions
- Visit Hamamatsu Oktoberfest from 20:00 till 21:00
Session 2: Life/Travel in Germany - August 4
- A virtual trip through Germany: Exploring Hamburg, Berlin, Frankfurt, and Munich
- Understanding Sundays in Germany
- Exploring "Kombini" in Germany
- Highlighting key sightseeing destinations in Germany
- Traveling within Germany: Tips and practices
- Introduction to "Hello Europe"
Session 3: Eating in Germany - August 25
- Shopping in Germany: Do's and Don'ts
- Driving in Germany: Rules and etiquettes
- Understanding "Kombini" in Germany
- German Restaurants: What to expect
- Practical Guide: How to order food, how to buy necessities, how to refill your car
- Exploring Germany in Hamamatsu. Get to know where you can find German food in Hamamatsu
Session 4: Business in Germany - September 1
- Visit TBA
- Understanding business culture and practices in Germany
- Keep on learning
- Guest Speaker: Moto San
- Guest Speaker: TBA
Daniel Schwarz is CEO of ITD-GBS Tokyo, with expertise in Artificial Intelligence & Data Ethics, holding a degree in Computer Science and is certified Data Protection Officer by the European Centre on Privacy and Cybersecurity (ECPC).
He later became a visiting fellow/lecturer at the University Maastricht - Faculty of Law - ECPC related to Data Protection Officer education. His ambition is to support society and the relationship between Japan and Europe to ensure human centric compliant solutions in regards to privacy, ethics and security.
English language skills and business knowledge are indispensable for smoothly conducting business with foreign countries and for resolving any problems that may unfortunately arise.
At the Global Business Academy, we help everyone from management to general employees to acquire English language skills and business knowledge that are relevant to overseas business situations. Strengthening English language skills and business acumen will directly lead to the expansion of overseas business. If your company has a high ratio of overseas sales or expects to expand overseas business in the future, please contact us for more information.
Global Business Academy
Hamamatsu, Shizuoka 430-0933
100-1 Kaji-machi, Naka-ku, Hamamatsu City, Shizuoka Prefecture
Zaza City Hamamatsu Central Building, B1F
Free events. No payment is required.
Entry fee events. If no other payment option is mentioned during your registration confirmation, the payment will be required at the event before entry.
We are sorry for the inconvenience, at the current time only cash is accepted. A receipt will be given at the event.